Monday, November 24, 2008

Tipping

Ever wonder why you tip a person that delivers your food or service? To be honest I don't normally tip because the person is getting paid anyway. I have always thought of it like that so I never really saw a point in paying a person for something that is mandatory for their job. These waiters and delivery people get paid for it already, I don't think I have ever understood the unwritten rule of tipping people.

Some places forces the tip on you, however. If a restaurant forces you to pay tip, where does that all go? I don't know whether it would go to the cash register or the waiter's pocket. I don't really approve of this as well because the food is expensive enough as it is, seeing as I would go to a place in Manhattan. I've been one of these places that do that once, and the service was really bad. It will be the last time I would go to a place like that. If service were adequate, maybe I would consider giving a tip. But the places i've been to haven't done well so far.

No comments: